• "I can't believe you wrote that."

Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring Clean

I want to live in a flat world that ends with an edge. With one push of a Swiffler, I want  the dust, dirt, bug carcasses, pet hair and bunched up stiff tissues to swoosh over an edge and into another world.

This week, I am spring-cleaning. I've cleared out three closets, two bathrooms and half of a bedroom. I have a lot of house left to go. The right sides, left sides, front sides, back sides and bottoms of most of what fills my home no longer amuse me with cuteness, usefulness, whimsy or eclectic slant.

If I could find a white towel, I would raise it in surrender. If Big Guy journeys on a long trip, I will hire a bulldozer and shove the entire house with contents across the street into the yard of the house recently sold for taxes on the courthouse steps. My junk can join the junk that is already there.

Freed of the responsibility, I will start over with a very small tent. I have the summer to think through a better plan--one that springs me free of dust and clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment