• "I can't believe you wrote that."

Thursday, April 3, 2014

FloNotes-Fine

Angelina irradiated herself. Sis is shedding a straying spouse. Birdie treated herself to Taylor Swift bangs. Big Guy baby-talked Tequila (the dog). Daisy crashed her car. The neighbors had their house sold on the courthouse steps.  And Cracker, the cat, kept right on butt-scooting across the carpet. It's unanimous, FloNotes needs a comeback!

For more than six months, I've worried that my friends, family and I are dull. I haven't had a steady stream of words to fill up the FloNotes. And so I let it die in favor of sewing, reading and napping.

Little things told me I was off track--like the weekend that I stitched my finger with the sewing machine needle and Big Guy caught himself on fire--right after I said, "I wouldn't do that."  I can find exciting to write about among my friends and family or I can injure those around me, if needed.

I won't give up the sewing, reading or napping. But the grocery store is out. I will write until I have only my words to eat.

It feels good to be FloNotes-fine again. And here's a teaser for my new blog MosquitoNotes. www.mosquitonotes.blogspot.com

MosquitoNotes: For nearly a week, across 700 miles, Gambusia affinis rode cocooned in a water bottle, squeezed tight into my Ford Escape's cup-holder.  I'd stumbled on a strategy to kill, provided no one got thirsty.

Don't call Homeland Security yet. I'm only partway on my journey to crazy. It's going to be a great ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment